“People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it’d be hard for them to be convincing.” - Elliott Smith

Tuesday 19 July 2011

011: Time doesn't stand still, but this time I will.

The world is changing, while hearts are racing and raindrops fall while flames are blazing - so you all pass me by. Every thought of mine that’s engraved tears the pages that show the best deception that eyes will ever see. My words dance willingly, slowly falling to the floor along with every other whispered dream, along with every other raindrop from my eyes. But every word I write is prey to a distorted and overbearing soul - and now another scandal is on the loose. My body is suppressed by a malicious intention, I’m closed off from the world, hidden behind a facade for my fears. And the illicit heart - if you could call it that - which you carry, bears not a single trouble, not even the slightest puncture, while the images stay burning my mind and scarring my perceptions. My exposed existence fades into the night’s sky and your smile shines brighter than every other star because you know that you’ve won, you know there’s not another fraction to destroy. The whispers are loud now, the voices clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment