“People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it’d be hard for them to be convincing.” - Elliott Smith

Wednesday 10 July 2013

77: This is so strange.

It's been over a year since I posted, and yet I used to spend every day posting on at least one of my blogs. I haven't written in so long. I haven't paused in so long. Life has been incredibly fast-paced. I've learnt a lot, and lost a lot, and found a lot. It's been difficult, it's been great, it's been tragic. Today marks the day I have been living out of home for one year. It's very strange. It seems I've been here forever, and at the same time, it feels I'm gasping for air. I've learnt a lot about myself. I've learnt my own strength, courage, fears - and I've learnt that I can't stay still. If there's one piece of advice that has been provided time after time, it's "Breathe", or "Stop". But I am yet to breathe, and I am yet to stop. I miss creating. I miss writing. And so I will start again. I won't make an e-promise to blog every day, but I will try. My new resolution, is to create. To write, to take photographs, to make art - to let myself feel, and from that, express. I will buy a new camera and I will create. This marks a new beginning.

It's been one year. And I've learnt that I need to change - I need to let myself be.

Here's a photograph of my room when I first moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment